Sunday, July 15, 2012

I keep living this day like the next will never come.


Sunday nights feel a lot less horrible when you're unemployed, there isn't anything to dread on Monday. I have a feeling that will change this week though. 

This past weekend was fun. At the end of last week two, well, actually three, new roommates moved in. They are also from the East Coast and very much free spirits. Their pup is very cute. Exploring the area and hanging out with them has distracted me from my worries. 

Here is a bit of a weekend update and some links I've come across.


We've been framing pictures and getting our space organized. This is one my favorite prints by Nan Lawson that Chris framed for my dresser. 



We also have been looking for a bathroom mirror after thinking we found a good one to paint, we found an old, antique looking mirror that needed nothing done to it and fits the space much better. 


I have been researching Colorado craft shows (if you know of any, let me know!) to participate in and came across the Horseshoe Market that happens a few times a year. I met some very nice crafters and hopefully will be able to get a table at the fall show. 


Here is Peppy, the new pup living with us.



Saturday we also went to see the Phillies play the Rockies at Coors Field in Denver. I am not a huge baseball fan, but I do love the Phillies. It was nice to see all of the Philadelphia fans showing their support, AND, they won (which they haven't been doing a lot of this year)! 


Today we went to Carter Lake, which is about an hour away and much nicer than many of the beaches I've been too. When I decided to move here, many people were concerned about the lack of ocean, I think I found an equivalent though! 




And now onto some links! 

Writing Advice You've Never Heard Before. I found this on a favorite blog of mine, Sweet Green Tangerine.

20 Ways to Let Go of Regrets.

- LUSH is releasing a make-up line! As you know, I love LUSH.

- Listen to A Great Big Pile of Leave's new song 'Pet Mouse' here!

A Kurt Vonnegut quote.

- Instructions to make cold brew coffee!

- My roommate, Sara, is teaching me to crochet! If I ever get good at it, I will make this dress.

- There are a couple DIYs that I want to try: Knitting Needle Bracelets & Metal Inspiration Board

How was your weekend? Did I miss anything good on the Internet?

4 comments:

  1. at first i was like, oh no! unemployed! but then i remember you moved. :]

    my weekend was pretty ok. went record shopping w/ my sis and saw blind pilot. a show so good, i actually almost cried at the end of it. took photos and a video i'm gonna try to post soon.

    hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that drawing! So cute!
    Both mirrors are so great! I wouldn't mind either of them.

    Your new pup is so adorable.

    I hope the job hunt is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a great weekend. it's so fun to explore new places with friends.
    i really loved CO when visiting with my boyfriend. i've secretly been scavenging for jobs there; it seems like a beautiful place to live!

    i went to see andrew bird and patrick watson this weekend. so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in the process of framing things and setting up my new apartment -- the frames really do make it feel more like home. That print is really nice.

    ReplyDelete